Thursday, November 4, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Ever since we've been married I've heard nonstop questions from my extended family about when Skyler would go up to my grandparents ranch. After talking with my parents we decided to head up for a 6 hour drive to Driggs, Idaho for the Labor Day Weekend. We had a great weekend visiting with family. Skyler had asked my dad several months ago to take him fishing and was able to go on Saturday. They both claim that they caught fish, but we never saw the fruits of their labor so we aren't quite sure. :) Skyler was also exposed to the Ripplinger family habits of card playing all weekend and actually did pretty well. It was nice to have a break to spend with family.


The only downfall of that weekend was getting sick. On Saturday morning I woke up with the worst sore throat I've had in a long time and huge tonsils. It got progressively worse until Monday morning when I couldn't even talk. We woke up early that morning and drove back to Provo so I could try to see a doctor. The only open place we could find was Instacare so we ended up waiting 3 hours to be seen. The doctor gave me some cough medicine and told me to come back in a couple of days if I wasn't improving. A couple of days later we went back and the doctor decided to test me for both Influenza and Mononucleosis. I headed over to the hospital for nasal suctioning after getting some blood drawn. I've decided that it was THE WORST thing I've ever had done which involved sliding a flexible plastic tube through my nose into my sinuses. I'd done this several times to babies at work so I figured I knew what to expect. 2-3 minutes and several tears later it was over. The next couple of days I waited until the results were in. Turns out I had a high level of antibodies for Mononucleosis which means I've had it before and I'm fighting a reinfection. Great! The annoying part of the whole ordeal is that there isn't anything you can do to treat the infection. I was told to drink water and get some sleep because it can take up to six months for symptoms to go away. Urgh!



No comments:

Post a Comment