Thursday, November 4, 2010

Carolina Sun

So we finally found a good use for humidity. Normally I am very opposed to the idea of living anywhere near the stuff and avoid it all costs. Sadly my family decided to locate themselves in a state where it has free reign. However, in the middle of Tiffany and me going to North Carolina we discovered a most useful aspect of humidity. While jetskiing and playing on Myrtle Beach, once you get out of the water, you stay warm. Even on a windy day you still stayed warm as the water in the air was like a moist blanket. This is a lot better than my experiences back west when you get out of the water and are immediately attacked by the chill wind and goosebumps become your constant companion. Besides that though we actually had a good time in Charlotte.

Myrtle Beach is a pretty fun place. The seashells there are very different from the pacific coast shells made mostly of sand dollars and bivalves. The Atlantic had much larger and thicker clam shells as well as a good number of little conch shells (if you can find them). The trip to the beach with Shawn, Chad, Taylor, Emmy, and Bailey proved to be plenty fun and eventful. The ocean water was warm and inviting, a bit too inviting. We never got cold and wanted to stay there forever. I got buried up to my neck in sand, Tiff and I were beat up by the waves on boogie boards, and I think Bailey missed her swimming lessons cause she kept trying to dive into the waves.

My nephews were super cute. They started playing football this year and they look great in their huge helmets and shoulder pads. I saw one of their practices and it reminded me of the two years I played football in elementary school. My nephew Will would have worn his football uniform all day if he could. It's neat to see the nieces and nephews get bigger and older every year. Half the time you barely recognize them after not seeing them for a year. A nice punctuation on the trip was lunch on the last day with the whole family. After some jostling of tables we were able to get all 14 of us near to each other. It's nice to be around family and have every one about. The kids are entertaining to watch and interact with. It will be exciting to have kids of our own some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment