Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fortuitous Seats

Pretty much every day when I get to school, after my first class, I sit down and look at BYU's newspaper, the Daily Universe, online. On the 4th, a Monday I looked at the paper as usual and saw the weekly ad for the Front Row Fanatics tickets. This weeks competition was a quiz on BYU football. Knowing most of the answers, I quickly filled it out, looked up the answers I didn't know and sent it in. I promptly forgot all about it. Come Thursday however I got a phone call from someone at the Daily Universe saying that I won. I couldn't believe it! I never win anything. We got front row tickets at the 5 yard line, t-shirts, and a date at the big game against San Diego State.
Sitting down next to us was those two guys, dressed up in colonial drab holding up signs saying "In Bronco We Trust" and "Declaration of Independence." We had a lot of fun sitting in the middle of a bunch of cheering fans and being right close to all the action. I think all the yelling I did led to me getting sick the next week. After the Cougs pulled out a win by stuffing San Diego we got to high five the team as they went around the stadium after the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment