Sunday, April 4, 2010

My New Hobby

My latest new project was inspired by Skyler's grandmother. When they flew out for the wedding in July his grandmother had made me this bracelet and earrings out of real crystal. Her mother had owned some furniture with beading on it so instead of throwing it away she made jewelry for her daughters and granddaughters. I loved it and have been wanting to learn how to make beaded jewelry for a long time. I'm not always the most creative person, but this seemed pretty easy.The other day Skyler and I went to the store and I was reminded of this goal. I got a couple of bead chains, pliers, and a simple pattern to try with the idea that I could bag it if I didn't enjoy it. It actually turned out pretty well for a first project and I've been waiting for an opportunity to wear it somewhere outside the apartment. I'm working on project number two right now and thinking maybe a few more posts might be warranted. It has been a great stress reliever the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Tiffany! I love beading too and would love to do that with you if you guys come visit this summer or whenever you are here.

    ReplyDelete