Sunday, April 4, 2010

The future decided


After taking the GRE, writing out the application, getting letters of recommendation, and asking several faculty members if it was even possible for a music major to get accepted to the program, it finally became reality. This spring I will be beginning my graduate studies as a Masters Student of Computer Science. I am really excited. To make this even better, the faculty adviser I will be working with is part of the Machine Learning Lab at BYU and does a lot of research into Computational Creativity. While that might not mean much to a lot of people it does mean that my background in music will be very helpful and I will continue to keep music in my studies. Now I just have to get past the last two weeks of school and finals and graduation. One positive side of the whole graduation thing is that I was asked to perform for convocation for the College of Fine Arts. Looks like that will be one of my last performances. Though I still have an itch to do another recital. Maybe at the end of my graduate degree I'll work up something for a "graduate" recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment