Sunday, September 6, 2009

One Month and Counting....Our Adventures

After our trip to Sun Valley we headed home to move out of our apartments, open gifts, and clean checks. We appreciated the many friends and family that were so generous to us as we are starting our life together. The next couple days were spent moving into our new apartment, cleaning, organizing, and unpacking. Here are pictures from that memorable experience! :) These also give everyone a couple pictures of what our apartment looks like. (A messier version anyway.)














































During our unpacking adventure we had our first married life mishap. :) We decided to use our dishwasher for the first time while unpacking and arranging everything. Skyler, being the good husband he is, loaded the dishwasher with some detergent donated by the previous tenants. We went back to unpacking and about 10 minutes later went to the kitchen to find the whole floor covered in bubbles! We surveyed the situation and found a leak in the dishwasher door. Skyler figured he had just put too much in. We mopped up the floor with several towels and didn't try it again until a couple days later when we got a new dishwasher. (Several in the apartment complex had to be replaced.)
Skyler again loaded the dishwasher, waited 10 minutes, and again we found the floor completely covered in white. Finally, we decided to check the label on the soap and found out it was "dishwashing soap" and "not for use in automatic dishwashers." We had a good laugh about it. Here is Skyler after we cleaned up the mess all over the floor. Just imagine all those bubbles all over the floor! :)

2 comments:

  1. Heehee...I think there's an episode of Curious George where he does the same thing and fills the kitchen with bubbles. ;-) BTW, I still have a wedding gift for you guys! aah! We couldn't make it to Boise, and I mentioned to Skyler that I had something and would drop it off after you were married. I'll send him a facebook message...I need your address. :) (this is his cousin by the way!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I did the same thing at BYU in fall of 04, I think. My cousin and I decided to play with the bubbles before cleaning up, it was fun. Glad to know I'm not the only one who's made this mistake, my other roommies made me feel pretty terrible for making it.

    ReplyDelete