Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Wedding

July 25th has come and gone and we are officially married!
Our pre-wedding activities began on Friday when Skyler and I met some old roommates from BYUI in Boise to do lunch and some shopping. It was nice to catch up and relax before the busy events of the weekend.
After the shopping I met Skyler and his family to go to dinner at a fondue restaurant in downtown Boise. The waitress brought out different trays with food for meat, cheese, and chocolate fondue. It was nice to have some time to get to know Skyler's family better. Skyler and I also had the opportunity to be interviewed/interrogated by Skyler's family. :) They got all the details about our first date, kiss, and i love you. Even with all the embarrassing stories it was nice to spend time with "my new family." They definitely made me feel welcome and I am greatful for them.













After dinner I drove home and tried to sleep with all the wedding jitters in my system. :) My morning started at 6:30 am with a hair appointment and getting ready. My mom and I met Skyler and his parents at the temple at 11 am to get everything settled for the ceremony at noon. This was definitely the most special part of the day. Our families, extended family, and several close friends were there for the ceremony. I am really greatful for the opportunity I had to be married in the temple to someone I have grown to love so much in the past couple of months. It is an amazing feeling to know that you will be with that person forever.
There were several special moments and a peaceful feeling that we won't be able to forget.













Then we went outside for the adventurous picture taking in 100 degree weather. We headed back to Mountain Home for the luncheon and the reception. We were definitely exhausted after 2 hours of smiling, shaking hands, and hugging several individuals that came. The reception featured a performance by Skyler on the saxphone while everyone danced. After it was over we headed outside to find the "first" car decorated. We had previously arranged for my parents to let us borrow my old car from high school so my new car wouldn't get decorated. We cleaned up a few minor decorations on the geo metro and then headed to find our car that we had hid. A few of our family and friends were more dedicated to finding and decorating the car than we had imagined. We drove up to find our car decorated 5 times the amount of the old geo.














We are both greatful for the efforts of our families and friends to make it a special day. There were several that traveled great distances to attend the sealing and enjoy the luncheon/reception. We are so lucky to have great family and friends.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Photos!
    Thanks for sharing…... .

    See More

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for the first married post!! Great pictures and it was great to see you on your wedding day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your special day. I love the picture of you and your Dad. You have a wonderful family.

    Austin

    ReplyDelete